You will need to answer 11 questions correctly to pass the test.
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the four symptom clusters included in the diagnostic criteria (DSM-V) for PTSD? (p. 6)
2. Individuals with dissociative subtype of PTSD often experience _____. (p. 6)
3. Acute stress disorder (ASD) is a mental disorder that can occur in the first month following a trauma.
4. Which of the following is a risk factor for PTSD? (p. 10-11)
5. It is estimated that ______ of the population experiences PTSD in their lifetime. (p. 13)
6. A clinician who suspects that their patient may have PTSD, should screen the patient using the _________. (p. 14)
7. A screen indicates the patient may have active PTSD symptoms and they are reluctant to participate in mental health treatment. Which of the following is NOT one of the recommended clinician actions? (p. 17)
8. A positive correlation exists between PTSD and negative effects on health. (p. 22)
9. The prevalence of PTSD is substantially elevated in individuals with chronic pain. (p. 23)
10. People with PTSD are at high risk for suicidal ideation. (p. 24)
11. Which of the following is NOT a recognized psychotherapy for PTSD? (p. 26-28)
12. ______ is defined as involving attention to, and awareness of, the present moment. (p. 29)
13. Which of the following is an FDA approved SSRI medication for the treatment of PTSD? (p. 32)
14. Why is the PTSD criteria for pre-school children different than the adult criteria? (p. 35)
15. It is common for family members to respond to individuals with PTSD by expressing ___. (p. 35-39)