You will need to answer 14 questions correctly to pass the test.
1. A standard drink contains about _______ of pure alcohol. (p.4)
2. Chronic heavy drinking may transform acetaminophen (Tylenol™) into chemicals that can cause liver damage. (p.6)
3. Young married women have the greatest decreases in drinking behavior. (p.9)
4. The most prevalent alcohol-associated brain impairments affect _______. (p.11)
5. An individual experiencing an alcohol induced blackout is typically unable to _______. (p.13-14)
6. Structural imagery reveals that alcoholics experience loss of volume and density in which two regions of the brain? (p. 15)
7. Which alcoholism screening instrument consists of 5 questions and is used to detect a range of drinking levels from moderate to high risk?
8. Approximately 10 to 20 percent of heavy drinkers develop cirrhosis. (p.19)
9. Alcohol increases the sedative effect of tricyclic antidepressants. (p.23)
10. A patient who combines alcohol with nitroglycerin may be affected in which of the following ways while performing therapy related activities? (p.24)
11. Alcohol inhibits fat absorption and impairs absorption of vitamins A, E, and D. (p.27)
12. Chronic alcohol abuse can reduce the body's responsiveness to insulin and cause glucose intolerance. (p.29)
13. A strong association exists between alcohol use and cancers of the esophagus, pharynx, and mouth. (p.32)
14. Alcohol consumption decreases liver cytokine levels. (p.35)
15. Women achieve lower concentrations of alcohol in the blood after drinking equivalent amounts of alcohol. (p.39)
16. People typically drink the heaviest in their late teens and early to mid-twenties. (p.40)
17. Geriatric patients who abuse alcohol have an increased incidence of _______, and should therefore be monitored carefully by the clinician. (p.41-42)
18. Employee drinking has been associated with low job autonomy, lack of job complexity, and lack of control over work conditions.
19. The most commonly used treatment intervention for alcohol-related problems is _______. (p.44-47)
20. Which of the following is NOT a medication commonly used to treat alcoholism? (p.47-48)