You will need to answer 7 questions correctly to pass the test.
1. A tissue temperature rise of 4 degrees Celsius defines what intensity of heating?
2. Thermal applications should be avoided near application sites of adjuvant therapies for patients with what diagnosis?
3. Heat alters superficial capillary diffusion and drug release rate of medications delivered through what route?
4. The clinician notes an asymptomatic brownish-red hyperpigmented reticulated rash on the patient's skin. What condition should be documented?
5. What ingredient in over-the-counter topical analgesics may contribute to antinociceptive effects?
6. When managing musculoskeletal pain, what is TRUE about heat application?
7. What may contribute to improvements in muscle length following combined heat with stretch interventions?
8. What is the current theory to explain delayed onset muscle soreness?
9. What is the term for passive heat exposure to induce exercise associated physiologic responses?
10. Enhanced lower limb perfusion following heating may contribute to improved hemodynamic responses in patients with what condition?